7.25.2009

Fun day

Yep, I had a fun day. Yesterday, was my last day in Oregon (as I am now blogging from my aunt and uncles back deck in Washington) and with the adults at work, Em and I decided to make the most of it. We packed up some lunch, strapped baby girl into the back seat (which, not seriously surprising for anyone really, was a bit complex for two very distinguished, childless ladies like ourselves), and took off for the day.

After a picnic in the park, complete with sandwiches, Goldfish crackers, lemonade and bits of grass plucked especially for us by baby girl, we walked over to A.C. Gilbert's Discovery Village. It was honestly a toss up between the three of us as to who was really enjoying themselves more. We went from room to room exploring bubbles, the human stomach, dinosaur bones, lights, music, echos, slides...you name it, chances are quite high that we experienced it. One of the best children's museums I have been to; if you're ever in the Salem area with the kiddos, I highly recommend checking it out!

I'll be coming back next week and will have families to post, babies to show off and a slew of engagements on the agenda so stay tuned for 'life after vacation'. 


picnic in the park
Photobucket

Em and I thought the bubbles were the best...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Baby girl dressed up like a dino in the rainforest. Oooooooo, scary!!!
Photobucket

Still not sure how this worked as we're pretty sure it wasn't a thermal sensor, but it was super cool! I'm on the right, baby girl is next to me with a hula hoop and Em...did not make the cut in this one. Whoops!
Photobucket

Went outside and tangled ourselves in the 'spider web'.
Photobucket

...and went for a little drive...
Photobucket

Checked out the mini train
Photobucket

She even crossed her legs, mimicking me. Stellar!
Photobucket

Yep, it was a fun day.
Photobucket

No comments: